dinner party invitations.

You only turn 40 once, so I wanted to throw Matt a fantastic party to celebrate the milestone. My husband is generally a super-social outgoing guy, and while my idea of a good time is cooking a 5 course meal for two, his would involve a large dinner party, the “more the merrier”.

And so we set out to have a dinner party for 40 people!! Oh yes we did. And what comes first? A letterpress invitation, of course.

I threw together the scotch-label inspired artwork one afternoon right before my plating deadline. You may remember the whiskey barrel artwork from our three things birthday card. I used the original, more detailed pen-and-ink sketch for the invite.

At this point, Matt (our perfectionist printer in the mix) would like me to inform you that since we sent all the invitations out, this is actually a piece of make-ready that I am using for the photographs (as in, he’d never let a drop-shadow go out into public looking like that). Betcha didn’t even notice it until I mentioned it.

We printed it in bronze and black on 110# ecru cotton, and I hand-addressed two dozen invitations and mailed them out. The result? 39 of Matt’s family and friends to dinner – not sure how we managed to get that close to the perfect 40, but we did. And had a marvelous time.

Coming up soon on the blog – birthday dinner pics and a complete breakdown (yes, I did it all without a caterer)!

• Michaela Marsh says:

I really love these invitations! But was sad to see that they aren’t anywhere in your shop. These would be absolutely perfect for my husbands vintage whiskey/bourbon themed SURPRISE 40th party. Is there any way I could order these or similar ones? I would need them soon.

• Hayley says:

Hi. I love your 40th invites for your husband are they available to order? I’m based in Ireland. I would be looking for around 30?

• Tami Jones says:

Are the Aged to perfection invites available for purchase?

• Michelle says:

Can I please order some?

• jennifer says:

Love these invites! Can I purchase?

• Ginger says:

Like others, I am interested in the “Aged to Perfection” 40 year birthday invite for my husband’s birthday party on June 7. Is it possible to order these? We are based in Walnut Creek, CA. Thanks, Ginger

• Olivia says:

Can I purchase invitations with this design? what is the turn around time?

thank you!

• rebekah says:

Hi Olivia, yes we have a custom version of this available! There will be a link to it later this June as our custom pages on the website are enabled. Thanks!

• jennifer sharp says:

I owuld like to order these for my husbands 40th bday party that is in August. Is that possible?

• Sandra says:

Hi! Would love these for my husband’s 40th in August! Can you please email when they are available? Thank you!

• Jennifer Livingston says:

I would love to purchase and customize the aged to perfection letterpress invite. Can you email me with the specifics?

• Reshma Banavali says:

I am interested in purchasing a custom digital copy of the “Aged to Perfection” 40 year birthday invite for my husband’s birthday party on November 7. Is it possible to order these? We are based in Hartford, CT